If you are anything like me, I bet you have bridesmaid dresses just sitting in your closet taking up precious space. I stumbled upon a pin on Pinterest about turning an old bridesmaid dress into a blanket for the bride's child. My mind starting turning. My BFF , heather, is having her first baby in a few short weeks and I knew that is what I want to get him!
I called my mom to make sure I still had the dress and I did! Then, I contacted my sister in law's step mom to see if she could put my dream to a reality. Susan did a wonderful job!!

Heather's dresses were a pretty pale yellow with a white sash. Here I am pictured with Heather the day of her wedding.

The finished project. :)

The beautiful mom-to-be, Heather, holding Parker's blanket.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
3 comments:
How awesome is that! I have a million gazillion bridesmaid dresses!!! Genius! And it looks great too!
Just popping over from Kelly's Korner. I'm Hillary from London ON Canada- 2 hours from Toronto. Your blog looks like so much fun with great ideas and just enjoying life. I absolutely love the baby blanket. I look forward to reading more. Hope you have a great weekend.
Hi! Stopping by from the bloglovin' link-up :)
That is a genius idea! So adorable :) It turned out great!
Post a Comment