Today, I am linking up with Kelly's Korner Blog and sharing my favorite soup recipe. I also added my cornbread recipe that I make with it.
My boyfriend's favorite food is vegetable beef soup. I swear he can eat it ALL year. :) The recipe is his mom's, but I have changed it some to fit our needs. Enjoy
Vegetable Beef Soup with Homemade Cornbread
My boyfriend's favorite food is vegetable beef soup. I swear he can eat it ALL year. :) The recipe is his mom's, but I have changed it some to fit our needs. Enjoy
Vegetable Beef Soup with Homemade Cornbread
Cornbread
1 1/2 cups of corn meal
1 egg
1 Huge spoonful of Mayo
water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Stir together all ingredients. Add enough water to make a little soupy. Pour into small iron skillet or muffin pan. Bake until lightly brown on top.
Vegetable Beef Soup
1 1/2- 2 lbs of stew meat or roast cut up in cubes
1/2 cup of oil
1 cup flour
1 28 oz can petite diced tomatoes
1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilies
1 14.5 oz can of corn
1 14.5 oz sliced carrots
1 14.5 oz green beans (cut)
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp meat tenderizer
1 tsp steak seasoning
1 tsp beef bouillion granules
2 med pototoes (peeled and cut)
(I do not follow the spices, I usually just pour til I think it is enough)
Coat meat in flour and brown in skillet stirring often. When meat is browned drain fat. Pour all can vegetables (undrained) over meat in a dutch oven. Add spices and potatoes to soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium. Cover and simmer. Stir often all the way to the bottom of the pan. Cook1 to 1 1/2 hrs until meat and potatoes are tender.
OR cook meat. Add all together and put in crockpot for 8 hrs on low. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment