Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Layered Mexcian Casserole

Been trying to spice up my dinner meal and was struggling to find some new and easy recipes. When I was in Oxford visiting my best friend and her new baby, a friend brought this wonderful meal over. Layered Mexican Casserole. I cooked it last night, it was super easy and a HUGE hit!

Layered Mexican Casserole

1 bag of Doritos
1 can whole kernel corn- drained
1 lb. ground beef, browned
1/2 lb Velveeta cheese melted
1 small can Ro-Tell tomatoes
1/2 envelope taco seasoning
cheddar cheese, shreeded

Line bottom of Dutch over/cake pan with several doritos; Mix corn, ground beef, velveeta cheese, tomatoes, and taco seasoning. Spread half of meat mixture onto Doritos layer.

Add a layer of crushed Doritos, the remaining meat mixture, and another layer of crushed Doritos. Top with Cheddar cheese. Bake uncovered for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

 Before Cooking 

After cooking. 

I made some Mexican rice with it. This meal will be going on our dinner rotation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YUM! That looks so good! I think I have a Mexican recipe that calls for Doritos too! I will have to try yours!