Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Teacher Talk- Week 1

Hey Everyone! I am linking up with the wonder ladies from Bloom and Southern Simplicity for Teacher Talk 2013!

My name is Kayla Essary and I am currently a 4th grade ELA teacher with Rankin County Schools. This is my 6th year teaching and my 2nd teaching 4th grade. My first 3 years of teaching I taught 3rd grade in Desoto County Schools. In 2011, I relocated to Rankin County. I survived one year teaching 3rd grade in Jackson Public Schools.

I ABSOLUTELY love teaching 4th grade! I don't think I will ever go to a lower grade on my own again. This is my first year to team teach. It has been adjustment, but I love only teaching a few subjects.

When I was little, I always said I wanted to be a doctor, but that quickly changed. In high school, I started tutoring at an after school program. It was there when I noticed that teaching was my calling. Ever since that time in my life, I have always wanted to teach. If you ask me today, if I plan on retiring from teaching, I would probably so no. Teaching as changed so much in the 6 years that I have been teaching. I would love to move to the junior college level one day. My goal is to teach the Math for Elementary Teachers one day.

I received my Bachelor's degree in Elementary Education from Mississippi State (Hail State) in 2008. In 2010, I started the journey to getting my Master's degree from Delta State. I can finally say that I will have completed this chapter in my life on December 14, 2013. I am so ready to be done with classes for a while!

I can't wait to meet other amazing teachers through Teacher Talk 2013.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

You go girl!!! I cannot imagine teaching and going back to school! Only a few more months left! You can do it!